Your official Document Retrieval, Authentication , Apostille and Attestation Specialist
Welcome to our website for Retrieval of South African Documents If you do not find the information you need please feel free to contact or email us.
Regards Gawie Maritz Founder and Managing Director
Give enough people what they want and you will get what u want.
Our Pledge: Honesty even if it hurts.
09:00 to 15:00 Week days 012 6709010 or 012 6709022
Criminal Record Expungement
Vehicle Police Clearance
• Introduction/ Build Up/Import
• Registration as Exporter at DTI
Criminal Record Expungement
1. What does Expungement of a criminal record mean?
Expungement of a Criminal record means that the record of the criminal record is sealed and the details are not revealed in for example a “Police Clearance certificate”. For all practical purposes the offence can be handled as if it never happened. Legally you do not have to declare the offence unless asked.
2. Under which circumstances can a criminal record be expunged ?
• Ten (10) Years has lapsed after the date of the conviction for that offence.
• If The person has not been convicted of any other offence and sentenced to a period of imprisonment without the option of a fine during those 10 years.
• If the fine imposed did not exceed R 20,000
• Was not convicted of a sexual offence against a child or a person who is mentally disabled, and whose name is not included in the National Register for Sex Offenders.
• Was not found unsuitable to work with children by a criminal court and my name is not Included in the National Child Protection Register.
• Was convicted on the base of race
• He or she was convicted of a offence which would not be regarded as a offence in a open and democratic society based on human dignity equality and freedom under the democratic constitutional dispensation.
3. Process to Expunge a Criminal Record.
• Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate so that the offence details and date can be established.
• Download Application Instructions
• Download and complete Expungement application package
• Follow instructions and courier application to us.
• We will process and apply for the Expungement from the Department of Justice.
• If the Director -
• A certificate of expungement will be issued to the Criminal Record Centre of the South African Police Service.
• The Head of the Criminal Record Centre will inform the applicant in writing that his convictions and sentences has been expunged.
• Apply for a Police Clearance Certificate that will be issued without the convictions and sentences.
4. Documents Needed to Assist in applying for Expungement of Convictions and Sentences.
• Two sets of fingerprints ( First one to obtain a initial police Clearance Certificate to establish offences and the second to obtain a final Police Clearance Certificate on the end of the process)
• Application form for expungement
5. Processing Time -
• Initial police Clearance Certificate 8 weeks
• Department of Justice 20 weeks
• Criminal Record centre 6 weeks
• Final Police Clearance 4 weeks
6.1. Follow procedure to obtain Police Clearance Certificate ( Obtain 2 sets of fingerprints) and apply for police Clearance.
6.2. Download Expungement instructions
6.2. Download and Complete Expungement Application ( Download Here)
6.3. Download and complete client sheet and appointment.
6.3. Courier application with application for Police Clearance to us.
6.4. We will lodge application for police Clearance.
6.5. On receipt of police Clearance we will lodge application for at the Department of justice.
6.6. We will supply you with a proof of lodge and contact details.
6.7 You follow up with Department of justice.
6.8 On notification of Expungement we will apply for a final police clearance which will show your record cleared.